Here’s a quick look at a few of the many wonderful sessions happening at the conference:
- Alex Grigoryan, Head of Engineering for the Online Grocery and Application Platform team, WalmartLabs keynote on contrasting two approaches to tech transformation
- Teri Chadbourne, Developer Advocate, IBM, presents the Offline First approach to web development
- Myles Borins, Developer Advocate, Google, discusses inconsistencies between ES Modules and Common.js and how the Node.js Project is addressing and reconciling the problem
- Antoinette Janus, Software Engineer, PBS Kids, talks about bridging the gap between designer and developer in contemporary web trends and topics
- Nara Kasbergen, Software Engineer, NPR, outlines building voice-based apps with Node.js
- Jamund Ferguson, JS Architect, PayPal, shares best practices for debugging Node.js in production
- Ipsha Bhidonia, Tech Speaker, Mozilla, discusses service workers and how to start developing progressive web applications
- Kazuhito Yokoi, Researcher, Hitachi, presents different tooling around Node-RED
Along with keynotes, sessions and panels, workshops will be available throughout the conference. See the full schedule here.
Venue and Pricing
The venue will be in Vancouver BC, Canada!
We have several deals with airlines as well as a hotel blocks to help make the process of booking your ticket more seamless. Additionally, if you are a student, there is special student pricing available. Please learn more on our website.
Register for JS Interactive by July 20 to save up to $549 USD.
JS Interactive is awarding a few scholarships based on a combination of need and impact. The scholarship includes a conference pass, coach airfare and hotel accomodation for three nights. For eligibility and how to apply click here. All submissions are due by July 6.
More to Come!
Beyond this awesome conference, the Node.js community is hosting a Code + Learn, which is an an in-person (and free) event series where developers receive mentoring from Node.js Core Contributors to learn the step-by-step process of contributing to Node Core. Code + Learn will happen the morning of October 13 after the conference. More on how to sign up and register for this coming soon!
Please stay tuned for additional details through following the conversation on social via #jsinteractive or registering for the Node.js Foundation newsletter.